Four group study rooms and a media viewing room are available. All rooms seat 6 and are enhanced with plug-and-play screen technology. The tables contain outlets and four HDMI plugs so laptops and other devices can plug into the HD wide-screen display. In addition, the media viewing room is equipped with a DVD player and a VCR (for viewing VHS).
Several HDMI adapters ("dongles") and whiteboard markers are available for checkout at the Reference Desk and the Circulation Desk. To check them out, you'll need a library barcode on the back of your John Jay ID card. Just ask for a barcode at the Circulation Desk downstairs if you don't already have one.
Reservations are required to use the group study rooms and the media viewing room.
- Who can use the room?
- Groups must consist of 2+ current John Jay students. Single student use is only permitted in the Media Viewing Room.
- A group can make a maximum of 2 reservations in one day. Groups that make more than 2 reservations under different names may be asked to leave the study room.
- If no group has checked into a group study room by 15 minutes after the reservation period starts, the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including to single students without a group.
- How do we get in?
- When you show up for your reservation, check in with the librarian at the Reference Desk (upstairs rooms) or the staff at the Circulation Desk (downstairs rooms). Have your confirmation email ready.
- What if we can't make it after all?
- If your group decides not to use the room, please cancel your reservation. A cancelation link is provided in the confirmation email.
- If no one from the group shows up 15 minutes after the start of the reservation period, the reservation is forfeited and the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including to single students without a group.
- One more thing...
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Library.
The group study room enhancements were made possible by the Student Technology Fee.