CUNY Libraries Inter-Campus Services [CLICS]
Need a book that is not available in John Jay's Library, but that is held at another CUNY library? Use CLICS, the book delivery service of the CUNY Libraries.
How it works:
If the book you need is not available in our library:
1. Search for the item in CUNY+ by selecting "All CUNY Libraries" at the top or All CUNY Libraries from the "Select library" drop-down menu.
2. Click on the title of the item from the results list.
3. Click on the title link again.
4. Then click on the Request button.
5. You will now be prompted for your library barcode and password.
If this is the first time you've used the system, your password will be your library barcode (located on the back of your John Jay ID).
6. Select your pick up location from the drop-down list of CUNY libraries. You can select any campus which is convenient.
You cannot request books to be delivered to the same library. You cannot request that a book be pulled from the stacks at John Jay Library and be delivered to the Circulation Desk. CLICS only works for books going from one CUNY campus to another.
7. After you select your pickup location click Go to finish your request. You will then receive a confirmation message that the request has been completed.
8. Be sure to log out of your CUNY+ session!
- You will receive an email at your John Jay e-mail account when the book is available for check out at the Circulation Desk (to change your e-mail, go to the Circulation Desk).
- CUNY undergraduate and graduate students, faculty members or staff members with an active, unblocked library account at one of the CUNY Libraries can use the service.
- Regularly circulating books may be requested whether they are on the shelf at another CUNY library or already checked out to another patron.
- Circulation and overdue fine policies of the lending library apply. Consult the CUNY Libraries Circulation Policies for current loan and fine policy information.
- You will receive a courtesy notice 3 days prior to an item's due date.
- You can renew items online in CUNY+ as long as they are not already overdue, and as long as no one has requested the item.
1. Can I use CLICS from home?
Yes. You can search and request from CUNY+ using any browser from any location. CUNY+ recognizes your home campus by your library barcode.
2. How long will it take to get my book?
Most books arrive within 3 days (depending on the day of the week and time of day you make your request). Every CUNY library receives daily inter-campus weekday pick-up and delivery service. [Note that books requested from the Hunter Health Professions and the School of Social work libraries will require additional delivery time since they are first sent to the main Hunter Library.]
3. What if something I requested using CLICS is missing?
You will be notified if your request cannot be filled. You can try to request it again.
4. What if none of the copies listed in CUNY+ are available?
If copies of an item are out on loan, you can put a hold on one of the borrowed copies. You will be notified when it becomes available. If all the listed copies are missing or are unavailable for other reasons, you can request it through Interlibrary Loan. Check with your library's Interlibrary Loan policies and procedures.
5. I have more questions. Where can I get additional information?
Call the John Jay Library Circulation Desk at (212) 237-8250.