This blog post explores the upcoming learning management transition. In the ever-evolving landscape of education and professional development, adaptability is key. With the BrightSpace transition on the horizon, the library is proactively advertising helpful faculty training resources. By advertising training resources, we aim to help ensure that the John Jay community stays well-informed and ready to embrace the migration ahead.
While there is an abundance of training materials available, it's crucial not to become overwhelmed. John Jay’s LMS team and the library are united in our mission to help you navigate the abundance of BrightSpace training materials. Below are some selected resources.
- Bookmark John Jay’s LMS webpage to stay abreast of the frequent updates provided by John Jay’s exceptionally talented LMS transition team.
- Familiarize yourself with the transition timeline and ensure that you’re planning ahead.
- If you haven’t already, log into BrightSpace, using your @login.cuny.edu credentials.
- Review DOES’s “How to Declutter your Course” presentation recording. Cleaning up your Blackboard courses will help ensure a smoother transition to BrightSpace.
- Read through Hostos Community College’s “5 Things You Can Do Now for a Smooth LMS Transition,” created by HCC’s EdTech faculty.
- Discover a wealth of valuable resources from HCC’s guided BrightSpace Tutorials.
While the library won't offer dedicated BrightSpace training, rest assured that our team is staying well-informed about all things related to online learning. Please bookmark this blog post and check back regularly, as updates will be made as we approach the launch of BrightSpace.
The Library also wants to shine a spotlight on the outstanding work of John Jay’s LMS team, Helen Keier, Caroline Peppers, and Nicole DeBonet. Their tireless dedication has been instrumental in making this migration a reality!