The Lloyd Sealy Library is closed. The Lloyd Sealy Library is open.
Our physical space is shuttered for the duration, but our digital resources remain accessible, and our librarians are always available.
To navigate this uncertain terrain, we have made changes to our policies and procedures to ease burdens on our patrons. We have also tried to highlight the resources available in our collection and beyond.
- All items on loan will be automatically renewed through the end of May, and if the situation warrants, beyond.
- No fines will be accrued, and any imposed during this pause will be forgiven.
- We have removed all items on hold and all items that have been requested.
- Patrons may contact the library through email at email@example.com.
- Live chat with a librarian has been expanded to all hours the library would have been open, including Saturdays and Sundays. The Ask a Librarian link is on our home page and here.
We have brought together information about digital resources in a new guide, providing information on using our eBooks, video collections, databases, and open access resources. It also includes information about publishers that have made their collections open to all. Professors may elect to substitute an open access text for an assigned volume now locked away in our reserve room or to locate essays collected in an assigned reader.
We will be available to serve faculty and students throughout this unprecedented health crisis. And we look forward to returning to the library for business as usual.