What's inside OneSearch? OneSearch includes articles, books, ebooks, videos, and more, all on one convenient platform! Search many databases at once using OneSearch.
- Databases that are included in OneSearch: CUNY+ books catalog, Academic Search Complete, Criminal Justice Periodicals, JSTOR, LexisNexis, PsycInfo, and more
- Databases that are not included: statistics, government databases, and many newspapers, as well as a shrinking list of proprietary databases, such as Risk Abstracts
- Full list of databases included and excluded from OneSearch
Use OneSearch if you:
- are looking for a specific article or a book
- want to find many books, articles, videos, and more on a topic
If you are just starting your research:
If you are doing a thorough literature search on a specialized topic:
- get more specific sources by searching in specialized databases
- consult your subject area's research guides
- search for journal titles
More about OneSearch
OneSearch is a web-scale discovery service that runs on a product called Primo, from Ex Libris. OneSearch includes all of the John Jay Library's books, ebooks, and videos (DVD/VHS and streaming). It includes many, but not all, articles available to the John Jay community. (The best way to perform a comprehensive topic search is still to use multiple subject-specific library databases.)
OneSearch launched in Fall 2014 as a beta service at John Jay. As of Fall 2015, it has become the best way to search for library media like streaming videos, as well as other resources in the library.
What's in OneSearch?
Note: some ebooks and streaming videos are available in OneSearch, but not CUNY+.
From off-campus, you can access individual resources available through OneSearch with your email credentials (for students, that's firstname.lastname and your email password).
Optionally, you can log in with your CUNYfirst credentials to see more search results. These may be results from databases including Criminal Justice Periodicals and Web of Science.
- How do I use OneSearch? (video tutorial)