The Library offers phone chargers available to check out for in-Library use for a maximum of 3 hours:
- Lighting chargers (iPhones and some iPads)
- Micro USB chargers (some Android)
- USB-C chargers (newer Android and iPad)
We also offer USB-C laptop chargers.
Chargers can only be used inside the Library for 3 hours at a time. They are considered Reserve items. A $6.00/hour fee will accrue if they are overdue.
Where can I check out a charger?
Go to the Reserve Desk on the Library's lower level or the Reference Desk on the upper level. Ask the librarian or staff member at the Desk for the charger.
To check out a charger, you'll need a library barcode on the back of your John Jay ID card. Don't have one? Just ask for a barcode at the Circulation Desk downstairs. (What does the barcode do?)
Where can I charge my phone?
- Outlet hubs throughout the Library at study tables
- The "Power Bar," a counter with 18 outlets and stools, located upstairs
- Charging table downstairs in the Niederhoffer Lounge, which includes Qi (wireless charging), USB ports, and outlets
- Charging table upstairs near the Law section, which includes built-in Lightning, Micro USB, and USB-C chargers
Last updated April 2019