Four group study rooms and a media viewing room are available. All rooms seat 6 and are enhanced with plug-and-play screen technology. The tables contain outlets and four HDMI plugs so laptops and other devices can plug into the HD wide-screen display. In addition, the media viewing room is equipped with a DVD player and a VCR (for viewing VHS).
Several HDMI adapters ("dongles") and whiteboard markers are available for checkout at the Reference Desk and the Circulation Desk. To check them out, you'll need a library barcode on the back of your John Jay ID card. Just ask for a barcode at the Circulation Desk downstairs if you don't already have one.
Reservations are required to use the group study rooms and the media viewing room.
- Who can use the room, and when?
- Groups must consist of 2+ current John Jay students. Single student reservations are only permitted in the Media Viewing Room.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- A group can make a maximum of 2 reservations in one day. Groups that make more than 2 reservations under different names may be asked to leave the study room.
- If no group has checked into a group study room by 15 minutes after the reservation period starts, the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including to single students without a group.
- How do we get in?
- When you show up for your reservation, check in with the librarian at the Reference Desk (for upstairs rooms A and B) or the staff at the Circulation Desk (for downstairs rooms C, D, and E). Have your confirmation email ready.
- What if we are late or can't make it after all?
- If no one from the group shows up 15 minutes after the start of the reservation period, the reservation is forfeited and the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including to single students without a group.
- If your group decides not to use the room, please cancel your reservation. A cancellation link is provided in the confirmation email.
- One more thing...
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Library.
The group study room enhancements were made possible by the Student Technology Fee.