Four study rooms and a media viewing room are available. In Fall 2021, in line with COVID-19 mitigation rules, all rooms seat only 1-2 people at a time. The rooms are enhanced with plug-and-play screen technology. The tables contain outlets and four HDMI plugs so laptops and other devices can plug into the HD wide-screen display. In addition, the media viewing room is equipped with a DVD player and a VCR (for viewing VHS).
Several HDMI adapters ("dongles") and whiteboard markers are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Reservations are required to use the study rooms and the media viewing room.
- Who can use the room, and when?
- Users are limited to 1-2 current John Jay students (our reservation system requires a John Jay email address). Due to COVID-19 procedures, single student reservations are permitted until further notice.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- A student or a student pair can make a maximum of 2 reservations in one day. Those who make more than 2 reservations under different names may be asked to leave the study room.
- If no one has checked into a group study room by 15 minutes after the reservation period starts, the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including to single students.
- How do we get in?
- When you show up for your reservation, check in with the librarian at the Reference Desk (for upstairs rooms A and B) or the staff at the Circulation Desk (for downstairs rooms C, D, and E). Have your confirmation email ready.
- What if we are late or can't make it after all?
- If no one shows up 15 minutes after the start of the reservation period, the reservation is forfeited and the room is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including to single students without a group.
- If you and your partner decide not to use the room, please cancel your reservation. A cancellation link is provided in the confirmation email.
- One more thing...
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Library.
The study room enhancements were made possible by the Student Technology Fee.