Did you know that you can find courses in the course catalog that don’t require you to buy textbooks? These “Z” courses are specifically listed to help you find affordable classes. Here's how to find them.
- In CUNY Global Class Search (the course catalog), select "John Jay" and the desired term, such as "Fall 2018."
- As a Course Attribute, select "Zero Textbook Cost," like this:
- Choose at least one other thing to search, such as Subject or Course Career (Undergraduate or Graduate).
- Some classes may actually be Zero Textbook Cost but might not appear in the CUNY Global Class Search as such.
- "Z" classes will still have required readings, but these will likely be available through Blackboard, library eReserves, or another source.
Instructors: Interested in converting your class to Zero Textbook Cost? See how at our Zero-cost (to students) textbook alternatives guide by Prof. Okamoto.