The Lloyd Sealy Library building is closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the Virtual Library is Open! Reference Librarians are on the Virtual Reference Desk is open the Library hours and our digital resources are available 24/7. We are glad to provide research help to students, faculty, staff and other researchers with digital resources at this time. Email us any time at libref [at] jjay.cuny.edu
Types of questions you might ask a librarian:
- How do I begin researching a topic?
- Which databases should I use?
- How do I find a peer-reviewed article on ___?
- Is this book / article / website a reliable resource?
- Does the Library have a copy of ___?
- What are the Library's policies on ___?
We are happy to help you!
One-on-one research consultations
Do you have a detailed research question and need guidance? Are you encountering obstacles in your research? Consider booking a one-on-one consultation with a John Jay librarian.